Freelancing is what I do for fun, I often say. And truthfully, writing has always been a passion of mine ever since I was a kid, composing short stories, children’s books and poetry for school publications. As I grow in my craft, I plan to share it here. Most recently, I want to share my experience as a new contributor to Hope for Women Magazine since July of 2013. Below are details of a few articles that will add to the growing portfolio I’ve established as a writer. I came across this opportunity through my mentor who was also contributing to the magazine, already having a successful freelance career and supportive enough to pass this along to me. Oh how I love her for this!
If you love to learn from amazing women who are changing the world through their passions, then this magazine may be the best addition to your daily feed.
- Women Who Inspire 2013
- Interview with Author & Life Coach Holly Gerth
- Interview with actress Tika Sumpter
- Interview with Alexandra Frazen
- Women Who Inspire series – Features 25 women with empowering stories
- Interview with Arian Simone – Celebrity Public Relations expert and entrepreneur
- Interview with Sarah Jakes, print Summer 2014
I cannot express how excited I was to interview Mya! She has a wealth of knowledge about the entertainment industry since her debut with Motown Records. No need to spoil the story if you can go read it for yourself. It’s a fun summer issue that can be found online. You have my permission to enjoy (article #8).
- Online feature with Jessica Hester – Film Producer
- Online feature with Alison Vaughn – Founder of Jackets for Jobs
- Online feature with April Hernandez – TV Personality & Domestic Abuse advocate
- Online feature with Doreen Rainey – “Radical” Life Coach & Organizational HR Expert
- Online feature with Naima Mora – America’s Next Top Model winner of Season 4
- Online feature with Rebecca Crews – Celebrity soul singer with a heart of gold
- Online feat. with trained astronaut & research scientist Dr. Leslie Wickman.
- Career Interest for women in small business & entrepreneurship
- Chicago-bred Entrepreneur Peytyn Willborn
- Intentional Gratitude
- Motives for a Happy New Year – My tips on turning failures into personal success (2015)
- Rekindle Your Dreams! – Advice for personal motivation and development (2015)
- Exercise Your Right to Empower through the Discovery of Self-Love – My guide for exploring self-love and empowerment (2015)
- Interview with Founder of Can’t Stay Put, Lauren Miller (2016)
- Getting Grounded in Your Friendships – My take on having healthier friendships (2016)
- Work hard. Rest hard. Enjoy Your Summer Like a Boss! – Advice on how to enjoy a balanced lifestyle and not feeling guilty about it. (2016)
- My first published Travel article! (Aug. 2016) – A short trip to Kansas City leaves you feeling inspired and refreshed.